ProWorks Blog

New Facebook Fan Page Feature: How To Post As Both Your Page and Yourself

By  |  Friday, February 11, 2011  |  , , ,  |  20 comments

Please see our updated article on this topic:  Updated Facebook Fan Pages: How To Post As Both Your Page and Yourself

With the release of the new Facebook Fan Page look and feel one key new feature was added:

You can now decide whether you want to post on your Facebook Fan Page as yourself (your personal profile).

The old fan page forced you to post as your fan page persona if you were an admin of a fan page.  However, with this change you can switch between posting as yourself and posting as your fan page.

How to set it up:

1. Edit Your Page

Facebook New Fan Page Post As Yourself - Edit Page

2. Select the "Your Settings" menu item on the left menu and un-check the "Posting Preferences" checkbox.

Facebook New Fan Page Post As Yourself - Your Settings

That's it.  Now you will post as your personal profile on your fan page!

If you want to post as your fan page in the future, then simply use the new "Use Facebook as Fan Page" feature to toggle between your fan page and your personal profile.

3. When logged in as yourself, click the "Use Facebook as..." link on the right side:

Now you will be able to comment, like, and post under the "Fan Page" profile.  If you go to your home page (news feed) you will see information for pages that your page likes as well as fans instead of your personal feed. Pretty cool.

4. You can switch back easily by simply clicking the same link (it will list your name):

Enjoy the new power and flexibility!

20 comments for “New Facebook Fan Page Feature: How To Post As Both Your Page and Yourself”

1. Posted 2/13/2011 at 11:37:35 PM
    Gravatar of Charlene

OMG this page was extremely helpful. I was pulling my hair out on why my Fan page didn't show a link to Post anything on the wall. I had no idea what to do. Thanks a BUNCH!

2. Posted 2/14/2011 at 10:49:34 AM

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by ProWorks Corporation, Loyan Roylance. Loyan Roylance said: A common question I hear about Facebook Pages is how to post as yourself instead of as the business. Now its easy. http://ow.ly/3W66y [...]

3. Posted 2/22/2011 at 6:05:24 PM
    Gravatar of

How can I post "as my fan page" on other peoples pages? I'd like to go to my customers pages and post... I've posted as my fan page on other companies fan pages... but I cant do anything on personal pages. Frustrating!!

I dont want to have to wait till they post on my fan page to interact.

Thanks in advance
    Rob~

4. Posted 2/22/2011 at 6:05:54 PM
    Gravatar of Robert

I dont want to have to wait till they post on my fan page to interact.

Thanks in advance
    Rob~

5. Posted 7/30/2011 at 6:24:07 PM

When you post as yourself does the post appear in the News Feed for your fans, or the News Feed for your friends?

6. Posted 6/24/2011 at 3:11:23 AM

[...] http://www.proworks.com/blog/2011/02/11/new-facebook-fan-page-feature-how-to-post-as-both-your-page-... This entry was posted in Information. Bookmark the permalink. ← Mainan lama yang gw bikin, iseng2x jaman kuliah dulu haha [...]

7. Posted 6/24/2011 at 3:18:25 AM

8. Posted 8/1/2011 at 8:46:36 AM

Roger,

It posts in the news feed for your fans.

9. Posted 9/17/2011 at 12:00:00 AM

Hi,

I have made a facebook fan page and I have accidentally published it so how do I unpublish it? It is still incomplete, any ideas?

I have searched google regarding my problem but all the solutions available are about the old facebook fan page.

10. Posted 10/7/2011 at 10:27:00 AM
    Gravatar of AR

Thank you so much for explaining this!! All the other sites I looked at never mentioned the part about unchecking the box in Preferences, and I couldn’t get the switch to work.

11. Posted 11/18/2011 at 3:51:00 AM
    Gravatar of Tania

OMG!!! Thanks a million!!!!

12. Posted 2/15/2012 at 7:50:00 AM

My FB App posts sometimes post as my ‘profile’ when they should be posting as the ‘fan page’.

13. Posted 4/15/2012 at 7:34:00 AM
    Gravatar of Nicole

How can I repost comments left on my fan page and tag the fan in the post.

14. Posted 4/18/2012 at 7:36:00 AM
    Gravatar of Gary

None of this makes sense for me. If I’m signed on as my fan page I can only post to my own timeline. If I sign on as myself but use the fan page then I can share. If I’m signed on as myself and want to share with my fan page, that share never shows up under “Highlights” I have to switch to “Posts by others” to see. So, I don’t have any idea as to what anyone is seeing anywhere.

I also don’t spend anytime on my on FB timeline. Does anyone? I use the news feed 99.9% of the time because this is the only place I can “see” where all my friends are and what they are posting.

So, can anyone explain to me how you share a post on your fan page correctly? What are the settings? And how do you share a post from your fan page if you are signed on as your fan page? Or can you?

15. Posted 4/20/2012 at 7:36:00 AM
    Gravatar of Gary

Ashley. Yes exactly and I see you don’t have an answer yet either. Guess we’re the only two people in the world with that problem. :)

16. Posted 4/20/2012 at 8:06:00 AM
    Gravatar of Anton

Ashley and Gary, you’re not alone. Can’t get this figured out. Sometimes it posts as my page and sometimes as myself. Very frustrating.

17. Posted 4/23/2012 at 8:06:00 AM
    Gravatar of Jason

Perhaps we need to create an updated blog post since Facebook has moved everything around :)

18. Posted 8/2/2012 at 6:43:14 PM

This is awesome! Thank you! Thank you again!!!

19. Posted 8/20/2012 at 1:28:51 PM

Thanks for sharing with us this useful information. I was stuck on what to do but this article has bailed me out. Thanks once again

20. Posted 8/25/2012 at 7:54:03 AM

Please refer to this post for the latest information on this topic: